About the Company
A young dynamic engineering and geosciences consultancy specializing in marine geotechnics, foundation engineering, geology, pipelines, trenching and numerical analysis.
The company works primarily in the offshore oil, gas, and wind energy industry for clients who design, install and operate offshore, nearshore and onshore facilities.
Capabilities include all aspects of geotechnical analysis and design of both onshore and offshore foundations, and pipeline geotechnics. We also provide assistance and supervision during the survey and construction phases of a project.
In view of our current workload in connection with offshore renewable energy developments, and there
anticipated workload in the oil & gas, cable and nearshore construction, the company are seeking
to develop a geophysical consultancy capability.
Therefore they are planning on recruiting 1 senior and 1 intermediate/experienced geophysicist.
- Lead and manage the new CA geophysics group to be formed in our UK and
French offices. This would involve marketing, recruitment, training and supervision of
projects. The permanent base could be either Paris or Newcastle (UK).
- Development of geophysical consulting business for CA emphasising integration
with geotechnics in four business streams:
a. Offshore renewable energy market (particularly UK, France, Germany)
b. Near shore construction (water depth 0-50m) – cable/pipeline shore approach,
ports and harbours, dredging;
c. Project management of development of specialised geophysical equipment and
Associated software development;
d. Cable route engineering.
- Geophysics, geology or engineering degree, minimum MSc, possibly PhD
- At least 20 years experience in shallow marine geophysics
- Technical competence is sought rather than commercial, or management experience
- although management and administrative skills would be highly desirable
- Good people management skills
- Interest in training younger staff
- Shares company values and is seeking to work with a value-driven (both moral and financial) company rather than profit-driven
- Not in for short term gain but long term company value
- High level of personal integrity
- The company is an employee-owned company and encourages staff to participate
- as shareholders. Share options may be available as part of the recruitment package.